Please check the Events Calendar for volunteer opportunities and dates for volunteer orientations (which typically take place on the second Saturday of every month).
|Make a Difference!|
- Be part of a team dedicated to helping homeless and abused animals in our community
- Meet people with similar interests
- Share special skills and develop new ones that benefit both yourself and the organization
- Enhance your resume with valuable experience
- Acquire references for educational or employment interviews
- OVERLOAD ON UNCONDITIONAL LOVE AND WET KISSES!
How can I help?
- Help us enrich the dogs and cats with exercise
- Groom cats and dogs
- Help us with Outreach Adoption Events & educating the community
- Match lost & found records
- Clean kennels between 8 and 11 am
- Assist in feeding and watering pets
- Become a Volunteer Coordinator
- Bottle-feed the very young animals
- Take pets to nursing homes
- Assist at the Thrift Shop
- Assist in developing humane education programs
- Afternoon Care for animals
- Make dog collars
- Graphic Design, Marketing and Social Media
- Help with fundraisers
- Assist potential adoptees in kennel area
- Become a board member
- Bathe dogs in our large bathing tub
- Help with dog training
- Help with paperwork and administrative tasks
- Transport Feral Felines to get spayed or neutered
Sign me up!
- To become a volunteer or for more information, please stop by HSSV or call us at (360) 757-0445 Orientation is approx 1 hour includes a tour.
- We hold a volunteer orientation most months on the second Saturday at 10:00 am at the shelter (please call to register or email at firstname.lastname@example.org). Please check our Upcoming Events Calendar on the bottom of our homepage to confirm volunteer orientation dates.
- All volunteers under 16 must be accompanied by an adult. Even the youngest helpers can share their love and compassion with our pets, but parents must be able to commit 100% attention to helping young volunteers.
- Please read our Volunteer Manual and fill out and turn in the Volunteer Application/Liability forms on pages 9 and 10. (Directions: From Google Docs, click on the Download button to move the document onto your computer. Then you can type in your information, print pages 9 & 10, sign, and bring them to the volunteer orientation.) Download the Volunteer Manual/ Volunteer forms