Report Animal Abuse and Neglect

How to report animal abuse and neglect

We encourage all citizens to recognize and report animal abuse. According to the Washington State anti-cruelty laws, all animals should have food, water, and shelter and be protected from abuse. You should call your local police department or (if you live in an unincorporated area of your county) call your County Animal Control to report animal abuse. If an emergency is in progress, call 911. If not, call the non-emergency number for your area.

Skagit County Animal Control: Emily Diaz- (360) 428-3211 or 911
City of Mount Vernon: Emily Den Hartog- (360) 336-6271 or 911
Town of Anacortes: Zabrina Nybo- (360) 293-4684 or 911
City of Burlington: Burlington Police Department- (360) 755-0921 or 911
City of Sedro Woolley: Laura Carr (360) 855-0111 or 911
Town of LaConner: LaConner Police Department- (360) 466-3134 or 911
City of ArlingtonOfficer Chamberlin, Officer Copland- (360) 403-3400 or 911
Snohomish County Animal Services- (425) 388-3440

Tribal Communities:
Swinomish: Joe Bailey- (360) 466-7237
Upper Skagit:(360) 856-5501
Sauk Suittle: (360) 436-1438

Reporting cruelty to wild animals/ poaching

For concerns about cruelty to wild animals or poaching (illegal trapping, fishing or hunting), visit the Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife website:

Humane education and other resources

See our Community Education tab to learn more about Skagit Humane's efforts to provide humane education in our communities, read our advice on helping to stem the pet overpopulation problem, or find out why we have so many homeless pets in this and other shelters. You can visit the "Helping Wildlife" page if you've found a wild animal in need or if you're looking for an opportunity to help wild creatures with your donation of time or money. 

Help us advertise an animal

Shop at our Thriftshop

Link Your Fred Meyer Reward to Skagit Humane

See Our Wishlist

Buy Great Stuff and Help Us

Shop at Amazon to Help Us

Shop at Amazon to Help Us
Choose Humane Society of Skagit Valley as your charity

Shop to Help Us

Shop to Help Us
10% Off & We Get a Donation

Buy a Tile / Memorial or Gift Donations

In Memoriam

Support also comes from

Protect your pet. ShelterCare Pet Insurance Programs

Shop Pet Doors to Support Us

Donate a Kitty Crib

Donate a Kuranda Bed or Tower

Banfield helps us provide pet care in our community